Users can add contacts individually before creating invoices for them, add them on the fly when creating the invoice, or import them from a CSV/XLS file. To organise and manage contacts that have some information in common, users can also create groups of contacts.
Under the Contacts tab, users will be able to see the customers in a list format, containing the following information: customer name and associated avatar, account number, email address, phone number, and group.
From this view, users can perform the following actions:
- Add invoice
- Edit contact
- Delete contact
- Add an individual contact or multiple contacts to group
Contact custom fields
This section allows users to configure one or multiple custom fields which will apply on the contacts level based on the defined format.
Users can add a new custom field by clicking the “Add new” button from the upper right corner of the screen. For each custom field, users can define the following values:
- Field Name
- Field Type - Users can configure the fields to have Text, Date or List format. When selecting the “List” format, a new field will be displayed allowing users to add multiple comma separated values, which will form the custom list.
- Key name - The application will generate an automatic key name for each field, based on the field name, but users can change this value with a custom one.
- Restrict to group - Users can restrict a custom field to apply only to the contacts from the selected group.
- Show on Invoice - Users can configure for each custom field to be displayed on the invoice or not.
To edit/delete a custom field users can click the “View/Edit” action, which is displayed when hovering over each row.