Track and view invoices
The Invoices section displays the following information: invoice number, client name, invoice date, invoice due date, invoice status, and invoice amount.
A list of actions is displayed related to each invoice, including:
- Send - invoices in the Draft status
- Send Reminder - invoices in the Current or Overdue status
- Delete Invoice - any invoice except those in the Paid status
You can click on any invoice from the list to see more details about it, send a reminder for Current or Overdue invoices, download the invoice as a PDF or XLS, print the invoice, or delete the invoice.
Edit or delete invoice
Invoices that have been already sent to customers cannot be edited. You can edit all the details of a draft invoice by selecting that invoice from the Invoicing list.
To delete an invoice, you can select it from the Invoicing list or go to the View Invoice page and select "Delete" from “More actions”.
You can make certain changes to one or more invoices directly from the Invoices list. Select the checkboxes next to the invoice(s) that you want to edit. You will then be able to perform actions using the "Select action" menu. From here you can:
- Send invoices - available for draft invoices
- Mark as sent - available for draft invoices
- Mark as paid - available for current and overdue invoices
- Send reminders -available for current and overdue invoices
- Configure - change the payment method, receiving bank account(s), and/or monthly installments for draft invoices
Note: Invoices that have been paid cannot be edited.
Filter and find invoices
You can filter invoices by one or more of the following criteria:
- Customer - one or more customers
- Country - one or more countries
- Invoice status - all unpaid, current, overdue, paid, or draft
- Payment status - payment pending or partially paid
- Reach status - seen or unseen by the customer
- Invoice date - can be an absolute date or date range
- Due date - can be an absolute date or date range
- Amount - select a number range of the invoice amount
- Invoices labels - labels that have been added to invoices
- Invoice source - manually add, file import, or API integration
- Import date - select the time period that the invoice was imported
Send draft invoice
From View Invoice: Select Preview & Send.
From Invoicing list: Select "Preview & send" from "More Actions", or select the checkmark for the invoice and hit "Send".
Send payment reminder
Send reminder for an individual invoice
From View Invoice: Select "Send reminder" from "More Actions".
From Invoicing list: Select "Send reminder" from "More Actions", or select the checkmark for the invoice and hit "Send reminder".
Note: You’ll only be able to send a reminder to customers who have Current and Overdue invoices.
Send reminder for multiple invoices
- Go to Invoicing.
- Select the checkboxes next to the invoices for which you want to send a reminder or select all, and click "Send reminder" at the top of the table.
Mark an invoice as paid
From View Invoice: Select "Mark as paid". Select the payment method by which the customer paid the invoice, the payment date, and the amount paid. If paid by check, enter the Check Number. If paid by bank transfer, select the bank account into which the payment was received.
From Invoicing list: Select the checkmark for the invoice you want to indicate has been paid and hit "Mark as paid".
When viewing an invoice you can go to the Payments tab to view all the payments associated with that invoice. It displays the payment ID, type, date, status, and the amount paid. You can also view a summary of your total balance due and how many days the invoice is overdue by.
- Go to Invoicing.
- Select the invoice for which you want to see the payments list.
- Go to the Payments tab.
If there are installments set up for that invoice, then any current and scheduled installments will appear in the Payments list.
History shows the actions that have been taken related to this invoice. It shows the action, a timestamp, and the user who performed the action.